Collected by Wendy Ralph
Via Paolo Regazzoni 8, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland
Lugano's waterfront promenade stretches from Paradiso to Parco Civico/Ciani linking neighborhoods, the historic urban center, recreational facilities, walking trails and water transportation in a graceful crescent defined by an allée of 483 trees....
Gandria, 6978 Lugano, Switzerland
Behold Gandria! When my Airbnb host first suggested I visit Gandria I was a little unsure, mostly because of it's name. But boy was she right, this little village navigable exclusively by foot was so picturesque and quiet. Situated on a hill just...
A funicular ascends 3000 feet up from Lugano, to the top of Monte Salvatore, for the most beautiful view of Lake Lugano. The Melide Dam, built in 1848, but not seen in this picture, separates the north and south basins of the lake, and acts as a...
6633 Lavertezzo, Switzerland
It is the 60th birthday of a Swiss native and this is where she wants to go. A place where water can be drunk straight from the stream. A place where her family came every summer, to a small cottage across the double arched bridge, to live the...
22100 Como, Province of Como, Italy
Discovering the little city of Como where Lake Como begins is full of countless little surprises. Down each alleyway lies little shops and restaurants. There are several piazzas in which to linger having a caffe. The bars were most surprising as...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna