Collected by Lucia Soltis
Random highlights from various trips.
406-1 Zōshichō, Nara-shi, Nara-ken 630-8211, Japan
Nara is home to a small breed of deer that wander freely around the city, but they tend to congregate around Todai-ji, waiting for someone to feed them. You can buy sembe (a type of cracker) for the deer at one of the many stalls set up along the...
Oljato-Monument Valley, UT 84536, USA
Nuzzled up against the Arizona border about 100 miles west of Four Corners are some 30 square miles of the most iconic scenery in the American West. Monument Valley is one of those places that you’ll recognize as soon as you see...
Kaymoor Miners Trail, New Haven, WV 25840, USA
The Kaymoor Trail takes you down in to the New River Gorge to view the remnants of the old Kaymoor mine. Part-way down the gorge, you come to the shelf level with the mine entrances. From there, a very long, winding stairway takes you to the floor...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village