Lucerne's oldest clock
Collected by Sue Wilcox
Frohburgstrasse 3, 6002 Luzern, Switzerland
Lucerne's oldest city clock, built by Hans Luter in 1535, is in the Zyt tower, one of three remaining on the medieval walls. In autumn, brightly colored leaves frame a painting of giants carrying the face of the time-honored clock on the tower's...
74500 Évian-les-Bains, France
A boat trip across one of Switzerland’s many lakes perfectly embodies the relaxed, romantic feel of the country. The ‘Suisse’ steam boat, which crosses Lake Geneva, transports you back in time—glimmering wood-paneled decking and huge open driving...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun