Collected by Evgeniya Kirpicheva
Lake Lucerne, Switzerland
Swtizerland is like the cake, the icing, the candle and the birthday song all in one. It's the most spectacular place I've ever been, and Lucerne (Luzern) is so picturesque it doesn't matter how grey the day, it's perfect. I love the wooden chapel...
Denkmalstrasse 4, 6002 Luzern, Switzerland
I was forewarned that this monument to the slain Swiss soldiers killed in France was deeply moving, and that Mark Twain had called it "the saddest and most moving piece of rock in the world." I still wasn't prepared for how heartwrenching it was....
Lidostrasse 5, 6006 Luzern, Switzerland
in the Swiss city of Lucerne is one of the biggest transportation museums that I have ever seen! There are several parts to the museum including air, rail and sea transportation. What I found the very interesting are the walls that are made up of...
- 1 Tips + News This Is the Happiest State in the U.S.
- 2 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Air Travel U.S. Customs Is Bringing Preclearance to These Foreign Airports
- 4 Tips + News CDC Issues Coronavirus Holiday Travel Advice
- 5 Tips + News Europe’s New COVID-19 Travel Rules, Explained
More From AFAR
Sponsored by The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel