Collected by Christine Ho
Kapellbrücke, 6002 Luzern, Switzerland
Chapel Bridge, Lucerne Spanning across the River Reuss in Lucerne is the wooden covered footbridge, the Chapel bridge, named after St. Peter's Chapel. The inside of the bridge has historical paintings ating back to the 17th century, telling the...
Reusssteg 9, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
Restaurant Nix's is located directly on the lakefront in Lucerne in a historic building that dates back to the 16th century. Featuring Continental cuisine with an Austrian influence, Nix's prides itself on fresh, local ingredients and seasonal...
Stadthofstrasse 14, 6006 Luzern, Switzerland
Hotel Hofgarten is a warm, welcoming establishment housed in one of Lucerne's oldest manor houses. From the outside, the restaurant looks like a casual pub, but the minute you enter, you sense the elegance housed inside. The space is light and...
Denkmalstrasse 4, 6002 Luzern, Switzerland
I was forewarned that this monument to the slain Swiss soldiers killed in France was deeply moving, and that Mark Twain had called it "the saddest and most moving piece of rock in the world." I still wasn't prepared for how heartwrenching it was....
Frohburgstrasse 3, 6002 Luzern, Switzerland
Lucerne's oldest city clock, built by Hans Luter in 1535, is in the Zyt tower, one of three remaining on the medieval walls. In autumn, brightly colored leaves frame a painting of giants carrying the face of the time-honored clock on the tower's...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna