Collected by Jason Seldon, AFAR Staff
1200 Getty Center Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA
Perched atop a stunning hill in the Santa Monica Mountains, this outpost of the J. Paul Getty Museum overlooks the vast cityscape of the greater Los Angeles area. Its exceptional contemporary architecture, wide array of pre-20th-century art,...
Inland Ave, Modesto, CA 95357, USA
Google as much as you want but you won't find an address for this secret desert diorama in the middle of nowhere Joshua Tree, CA. You will, however, get directions e-mailed to you, but only if you book! Walking into the grounds you enter a...
6554 Park Blvd, Joshua Tree, CA 92252, USA
Joshua Tree park is one spectacular place. Bring gallons of water, a sturdy pair of shoes and a reliable camera. The sights are breathtaking! Once you enter the park, your pass is good for 7 full days. Which gives you more than enough time to see...
73950 Inn Ave, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277, USA
Staying in a small bungalow, The Dandelion, at the 29 palms inn where the service is friendly and the stars are brighter than ever. Charlie, one of the head chefs, will guide you to all of the great sights in the area. If you are looking for a...
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel NewsThere’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 3Where to Go in SummerHow to Take the Houseboat Vacation of Your Dreams This Summer
- 4Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 5Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)