Collected by Laura Tarrish
265 N Carolwood Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90077, USA
This guy collected art. A lot of it. And he lived with it all -- Ed Ruscha in the bedroom, Clifford Still in the entrance, Francis Bacon in the atrium. The house holds 400 pieces of major works. The tours are small and interesting, if a bit rushed...
6009 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232, USA
Culver City’s industrial façade is a hard shell to a neighborhood that beats with a creative pulse. Over 35 galleries line the intersection of La Cienega and Washington Boulevards just under the 10 freeway. Unlikely neighbors of auto repair shops,...
1635 Woods Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90069, USA
Closed to the public until very recently, the Stahl House is an architectural gem. This minimalist masterpiece—made famous by the iconic images shot by photographer Julius Shulman—epitomizes California living. What's not widely known is that you...
1697 Pacific Ave, Venice, CA 90291, USA
The boutique beachfront Hotel Erwin is as much a destination to sleep as it is to socialize. With the best rooftop terrace in Venice, you can watch the sunset over the Pacific while sipping on one of their signature cocktails. The hallways are...
203 Chautauqua Blvd, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272, USA
The Eames House, designed and inhabited by Ray and Charles Eames as part of Art & Architecture magazine’s 1940s-60s Case Study House Program, is a prime example of L.A.’s midcentury modern aesthetic. Nestled on the bluffs of the Pacific Palisades,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village