London's most characterful pubs
Collected by Emma John , AFAR Local Expert
117 Rotherhithe St, Rotherhithe, London SE16 4NF, UK
An 18th century pub near the site where the Mayflower set sail for the new world, this eponymous pub is a pilgrimage site for Londoners and Americans. Order a local beer and custom cheese plate to enjoy on the deck perched over the Thames. It's...
47 Chandos Pl, Charing Cross, London WC2N 4HS, UK
London is famous all over the world for its thousands of pubs. In fact, there are so many of them, it can be hard to pick out the lousy ones from the ones that are absolutely fantastic. The Harp is the latter. It's small, it's intimate, it's...
30-32 Procter St, Holborn, London WC1V 6NX, UK
With the thousands and thousands of pubs that scatter every corner of London, it's hard to pick the bad apples from the basket. Is this one overpriced? Is the food good? Are there just generic ales? Questions that usually remain unanswered unless...
22 Holly Mount, Hampstead, London NW3 6SG, UK
Sometime between 1:30 and 4:30, the British like to partake in a massive Sunday meal that features any one of the following: roast chicken, roast pork, roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding (really just a puffy pastry), Scotch eggs, fish...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May