London's most characterful pubs
Collected by Emma John , AFAR Local Expert
117 Rotherhithe St, Rotherhithe, London SE16 4NF, UK
An 18th century pub near the site where the Mayflower set sail for the new world, this eponymous pub is a pilgrimage site for Londoners and Americans. Order a local beer and custom cheese plate to enjoy on the deck perched over the Thames. It's...
47 Chandos Pl, Charing Cross, London WC2N 4HS, UK
London is famous all over the world for its thousands of pubs. In fact, there are so many of them, it can be hard to pick out the lousy ones from the ones that are absolutely fantastic. The Harp is the latter. It's small, it's intimate, it's...
30-32 Procter St, Holborn, London WC1V 6NX, UK
With the thousands and thousands of pubs that scatter every corner of London, it's hard to pick the bad apples from the basket. Is this one overpriced? Is the food good? Are there just generic ales? Questions that usually remain unanswered unless...
22 Holly Mount, London NW3 6SG, UK
Sometime between 1:30 and 4:30, the British like to partake in a massive Sunday meal that features any one of the following: roast chicken, roast pork, roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding (really just a puffy pastry), Scotch eggs, fish...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time