Collected by Emily Mathieson, AFAR Contributor
55 Marylebone High St, Marylebone, London W1U 5HS, UK
The jewel in the crown of Marylebone High Street, a stylish shop-and-restaurant-lined road in central London, is Terence Conran’s flagship interiors-and-lifestyle store. Epitomizing his appreciation for functional but innovative products, it...
85 Redchurch St, London E2 7DJ, UK
There’s a lovely street called Cheshire Street. Labour and Wait sells old-fashioned homewares: twine and string and gardening tools and glasses, all beautifully laid out like a ’50s housewares store. —Sophie Howarth 44/(0) 20-7729-6253. This story...
350 King's Rd, Chelsea, London SW3 5UU, UK
This upmarket concept shop sells directional fashion from the likes of Grenson, Issa, Belstaff and Paul Smith, as well as art books and lifestyle objets for well-heeled Chelsea men and women. A café, restaurant and deli on site make it ideal for...
84 Marylebone High St, Marylebone, London W1U 4QW, UK
Daunt Books really is special. Even if you are not a big reader, it is well worth a visit because the space is so beautiful and filled with exceptionally well-chosen books. Daunt is the ultimate antidote to the Amazon generation and connects you...
17 Rugby St, London WC1N 3QT, UK
The independent shops found along pedestrianized Lamb's Conduit Street make it one of the capital’s loveliest shopping spots. Just off the main drag is Pentreath & Hall, a treasure trove filled with brightly colored decorative...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now