Collected by Ariel Ramchandani, AFAR Contributor
London has some of the best green space in the world. Some places I'd like to row, take a stroll, have a picnic, or enjoy the view from inside on a rainy day.
1 Hamilton Pl, Mayfair, London W1J 7QY, UK
This bar at the InterContinental Park Lane Hotel in the Mayfair neighborhood celebrates London’s gin-soaked history with 35 varieties of British-made gin. The Poor Man’s Punch, served in a teapot, pays tribute to posh Mayfair’s scrappier past;...
Highgate Hill, Highgate, London N6 5HD, UK
This was a beautiful park we wandered to thanks to the advise of our host we were staying with. Our primary destination that morning was actually to be Karl Marx's grave, but unfortunately the cemetery wouldn't open for another few hours and we...
Chester Rd, London NW1 4NR, UK
Regent's Park in London lives up to its name and is quite royal, boasting rows of manicured flowers and plants. (There's also a theater, zoo, and walking paths.) I always make a beeline for the Rose Garden: a circular garden chock-full of roses of...
Inner Cir, London NW1 4NU, UK
This golden clad park provided a peaceful stroll and picnic opportunity, removed from the bustling, over crowded London streets. As it was October when we were here, the leaves had begun to change with beautiful uniformity. While the fall foliage...
- 1Where to Go in FallThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World