London day trips: Bath
Collected by Emma John, AFAR Local Expert
An hour and 20 minutes from London, Bath is the ultimate destination for those interested in Roman history—but it has plenty more besides, from boutique shopping to distinctive wine bars.
40 Gay St, Bath BA1 2NT, UK
Jane Austen fans are sure to delight over the great exhibits and tea shop at the Jane Austen Centre, but more adventurous fans should take the walking tour of Bath held by the Centre on weekends. A jovial guide will take you through the streets of...
Bath BA1 1LT, UK
Wherever you are in Europe, you're never far from a cathedral with hundreds of steps leading to a church tower boasting sweeping views of whatever city or town lies beneath. Bath Abbey is one of those cathedrals, but its 212 stairs are worth every...
Stall St, Bath BA1 1LZ, UK
Make sure to stop by the Roman Baths to get a quick introduction to the long history of the healing waters of Bath. An audio tour is included with admission, but there is plenty to see without having a guide point it out. The naturally warm waters...
13 Abbey Churchyard, Bath BA1 1LY, UK
Partake in the centuries-old tradition of taking the healing waters of Bath. If you take the Roman Baths tour you can snag a free cup from the designated fountain near the exit or in the famous Pump Room. If you choose to take a sip, keep in mind...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter