Collected by Amy DeCourten
8 Southwark St, London SE1 1TL, UK
Over the past two centuries, the covered market at Borough, not far from London Bridge, has become one of the country’s most famous foodie spots. From Wednesday to Saturday each week hundreds of traders gather to sell homemade breads,...
Stoney St, London SE1, UK
While visiting London for a weekend I discovered this charming little wine bar serving only English wines – The Wine Pantry. Tuck in the heart of Borough Market they have a great variety of English wines and armed with very knowledgeable staff, it...
1 Hamilton Pl, Mayfair, London W1J, UK
At the Arch Bar and Wellington Lounge in London's Park Lane Intercontinental Hotel, high tea is served without the tea. Order the Poor Man's Punch if you fancy gin and you may find you can never go back to drinking alcohol from a tumbler. Arriving...
29 Greek St, Soho, London W1D 5DH, UK
While everyone and their mother (and aunt and grandmother) are on the waiting list to have afternoon tea at Brown's or Claridge's some time next April, head to Soho for the no-longer-a-secret-but-still-unknown tea room inside the Coach &...
69 Colebrooke Row, London N1 8AA, UK
Small to the point of accidental intimacy—just getting yourself seated could spark your next relationship—this is the kind of noirish bar that wants to fly under the radar. Which is, presumably, why they’ve never named it. To...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now