Collected by Barb Phillips
Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN, UK
Trafalgar Square dominates the landscape at Charring Cross. It was made to commemorate the Battle of Trafalgar. At the centre is Nelson's column, which includes a statue of Horatio Nelson, the vice admiral who commanded the British Fleet at...
516 Main St, Lexington, TX 78947, USA
At this small-town barbecue joint in Lexington, Texas, 78-year-old pit master Tootsie Tomanetz turns out spectacular ribs, chicken, and, of course, brisket, says Daniel Vaughn, barbecue editor of Texas Monthly. Get there early—Snow's is only open...
400 W Lexington St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Open since 1792, Lexington Market is one of the world's longest running markets and the largest among Baltimore's 7 public markets. It's hard to imagine this space in the heart of urban Baltimore once was bustling with horse-drawn carriages...
Gratz Park, Lexington, KY 40507, USA
Only a block from the downtown plaza hotels, Gratz Park Historic District is definitely a must-do walkabout in Lexington, Kentucky. Pick up a free map, and wander around the several blocks of landmark brick and wood homes dating from the 18th and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys