Collected by Susan Engelmann
Euston Rd, Kings Cross, London N1 9AL, UK
Travel more often stirs excitement, curiosity and, sometimes, even jealousy. But alas, for some of us, frequent travelers, the word travel is also synonym of separation - be it for a few days or a few months. I stumbled upon this statue at King's...
Each time I prepare for a new trip to an urban destination, I begin by comparing lodging. And my findings are almost always the same: renting an apartment is more cost effective and lends itself to a deeper, more locally-focused experience. On my...
83 Upper St, London N1 0NP, UK
Taking the time to see a movie while I'm traveling usually doesn't rank high on my list of priorities but when the cinema itself offers a unique experience or cultural offering, I'm more than willing to reconsider. Roman Polanski opined that going...
3 Moxon St, Marylebone, London W1U 4EP, UK
Rococo chocolates are some of the most delicious you'll find in London, and this beautiful little shopfront in Belgravia is its flagship store. You'll be delighted by the whimsical confections and their beautiful, hand drawn packaging, and the...
Fourth Plinth, London WC2N, UK
The most recent commission at Trafalgar Square's Fourth Plinth went live at the end of July and features a large, blue cockerel by Katharina Fritsch. A German artist, she wanted to counter the male-dominated square with a bit of humor. The piece...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles