Local's Guide to Mexico City
Collected by Greg Sullivan , AFAR Founder
San Ángel Inn, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
This used to be a hacienda, but it was turned into a restaurant almost 50 years ago. The food is phenomenal and the margaritas are famous—in fact, they’re my favorite thing on the menu. There is always a band or a pianist playing. 50 Diego Rivera...
2a Frontera 37, San Ángel, Álvaro Obregón, 01000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Right off the market hubbub is this colonial square flush with bougainvillea. You go through a narrow alleyway, and all of a sudden you’re in the most tranquil placein Mexico City. Near Calle del Arbol and 2a Cerrada de Frontera. As told to...
Plaza San Jacinto 11, San Ángel TNT, San Ángel, Álvaro Obregón, 01000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Once a separate municipality, San Ángel—in the city’s south, nestled into its western foothills—is a leafy, genteel enclave whose relative isolation adds a soigné feel (for better or worse) you won’t find in...
Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?
- 4 Expat Life These Countries Just Made It Easier for Americans to Move and Work Abroad
- 5 Travel News The U.S. Has Lifted Its Global Coronavirus Travel Advisory