Local Color of Sinop
Collected by Leeann Murphy, AFAR Local Expert
Camikebir Mahallesi, Görgün Sk. No:16, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
The Pervane Medresesi, adjacent to the Alaaddin Mosque, was an Islamic seminary built in 1262 by Seljuk grand vizier Süleyman Pervane. The classrooms were closed long ago and converted into markets, which sell hand-crafted items such as...
Meydankapı Mahallesi, Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
Many of the elaborate miniature wooden boats you'll find in Sinop have been hand-crafted by local wood-carver Ayhan Demir. Demir's work is sold internationally, and popularity soared high enough to open this shop by the port. Stop in to see the...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun