Local Color in Trabzon
Collected by Leeann Murphy, AFAR Local Expert
Kemerkaya Mahallesi, Kahramanmaraş Cd. No:9, 61200 Ortahisar/Trabzon, Turkey
North of Atatürk Alanı (the main square) is Kunduracilar Street, a pedestrianized road lined with plenty of opportunities for retail therapy. Head here to shop like a local, then follow the road west to browse the narrow lanes of Çarşı quarter,...
Fatih Mahallesi, Ayasofya Cad. No:58, 61040 Trabzon Merkez/Trabzon, Turkey
If you’re looking to buy a special something uniquely Trabzon, then visit Saray Gümüş near the Hagia Sophia. The shop specializes in locally hand-crafted hasır bilezik (bracelets made from weaving thin wires of gold and silver) and kazaziye...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village