Local Color in Trabzon
Collected by Leeann Murphy, AFAR Local Expert
Kemerkaya Mahallesi, Kahramanmaraş Cd. No:9, 61200 Ortahisar/Trabzon, Turkey
North of Atatürk Alanı (the main square) is Kunduracilar Street, a pedestrianized road lined with plenty of opportunities for retail therapy. Head here to shop like a local, then follow the road west to browse the narrow lanes of Çarşı quarter,...
Fatih Mahallesi, Ayasofya Cad. No:58, 61040 Trabzon Merkez/Trabzon, Turkey
If you’re looking to buy a special something uniquely Trabzon, then visit Saray Gümüş near the Hagia Sophia. The shop specializes in locally hand-crafted hasır bilezik (bracelets made from weaving thin wires of gold and silver) and kazaziye...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights