Local Color in Napier, New Zealand
Collected by Donna Heiderstadt, AFAR Contributor
Clive Square, Napier 4110, New Zealand
If you're in Napier on a Saturday, head to Clive Square from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. to shop like a local for coffee, sweets, bread, honey, olive oil, figs, organic fruits and vegetables, freshly squeezed juices and more. (On Sundays, from 8:30 a.m. to...
7 Tennyson St, Napier South, Napier 4110, New Zealand
This boutique in Napier's Art Deco Trust building stocks an array of accessories, home goods and gifts inspired by the Art Deco style of the 1920s and 1930s. Sourced both locally and internationally, these items include hats, ties, jewelry, lamps,...
65 Tennyson St, Napier South, Napier 4110, New Zealand
Those who prefer real Art Deco to reproduction can meander through this 600-square-meter (6,500-square-foot) vintage emporium, which stocks an evolving cache of jewelry as well as crystal, silver, china, coins, clothing, handbags, sunglasses and...
14 Hastings St, Napier South, Napier 4110, New Zealand
A team of self-proclaimed "curators" has brought together an eclectic inventory of items hand-crafted in New Zealand by three-dozen or so makers. The shop stocks whimsical children's clothing, artwork, jewelry, accessories, soaps and other things...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands