ljl Trip Wishes
Collected by Lynda Leonard
490 Union St, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA
108 E San Antonio St, Marfa, TX 79843, USA
A new addition to the art hub in the middle of nowhere, Marfa Contemporary occupies a former gas station. Expect to see cutting-edge works by regional and international artists. This appeared in the March/April 2013 issue.
279 Montauk Hwy, Water Mill, NY 11976, USA
This museum, founded in 1898, opened its new space last November. It collects works by artists who have called Eastern Long Island home, including Jackson Pollock and Chuck Close. This appeared in the March/April 2013 issue.
11400 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Cleveland’s new jewel shimmers and reflects the neighborhood. Katharina Grosse is the first artist to get to use the atrium as her canvas, spraying it with purple, orange, and yellow acrylic paints. This appeared in the March/April 2013 issue.
700 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
This boutique hotel doubles as a contemporary art museum. Founders Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson wanted somewhere to store their growing art collection while helping revitalize downtown Louisville, so they opened a hotel with rotating public...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Air TravelMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania