Collected by AFAR Traveler
16 Beaconsfield Rd, Liverpool L25 6EJ, UK
Strawberry Fields." Made famous by the Beatles' song, Strawberry Field (John Lennon added the "s" to his lyrics) was a Salvation Army Children's Home in Woolton, Liverpool. The home closed in 2005 and the place is apparently now deserted. The...
Anfield Rd, Liverpool L4 0TH, UK
When people think of England, they immediately go to London or maybe Manchester. But Liverpool is where it's at! If they're in town, you MUST go catch a football match at historic Anfield. It's truly an unforgettable experience, being surrounded...
Penny Ln, Liverpool, UK
… of every head he's had the pleasure to know." 2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Beatles. What better way to celebrate than to visit the place where it all began: Liverpool! Penny Lane was immortalized in the song of the...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter