Collected by AFAR Traveler
16 Beaconsfield Rd, Liverpool L25 6EJ, UK
Strawberry Fields." Made famous by the Beatles' song, Strawberry Field (John Lennon added the "s" to his lyrics) was a Salvation Army Children's Home in Woolton, Liverpool. The home closed in 2005 and the place is apparently now deserted. The...
Anfield Rd, Liverpool L4 0TH, UK
When people think of England, they immediately go to London or maybe Manchester. But Liverpool is where it's at! If they're in town, you MUST go catch a football match at historic Anfield. It's truly an unforgettable experience, being surrounded...
Penny Ln, Liverpool, UK
… of every head he's had the pleasure to know." 2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Beatles. What better way to celebrate than to visit the place where it all began: Liverpool! Penny Lane was immortalized in the song of the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles