Lisbon, Summer 2015
Collected by Yvanka Fiorini
R. São Tomé, 1100-563 Lisboa, Portugal
Santa Luzia offers you a panoramic view over Alfama, where you can make out the Alfama labyrinth. From here, you can see Santa Engrácia Dome (also known as National Pantheon), Santo Estevão Church, and the two white towers from São Miguel Church....
R. do Ouro, 1150-060 Lisboa, Portugal
The Santa Justa lift and its adjacent platform offer direct sight lines into downtown Lisbon. You can look down at Rua Áurea as it bustles with locals and tourists alike, observe residents of nearby apartments reading or enjoying a chat out on...
Rua Padres da Agostinha, n.º 233, 4560-195 Penafiel, Portugal
In a preserved Rural Village called Quintandona, you will find a cosy Country House called Casa Valxisto. Hélder and Ana will welcome you to their house, to their life project. The house where Helder’s great grandparents and grandparents lived was...
Quintandona, 4560 Penafiel, Portugal
Just 30 minutes from Porto, it’s possible to reach Quintandona, a preserved Rural Village. Typical houses using shale, granite and blackboard in their construction were recovered, bringing life to the village; a village with only around 60 people...
2520 Peniche, Portugal
Hire a boat out of Peniche, Portugal, when available, and travel six miles offshore to the pristine Berlenga Islands. Then hike, kayak, snorkel, and swim the day away. Pack a picnic lunch and feast on the beach. The perfect day in paradise.
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles