Lisbon May 2014
Collected by Alisia Tyree
R. Duque de Palmela 34, 1250-098 Lisboa, Portugal
It's not top of most people's travel itinerary for Lisbon but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed São Vicente da Fora Monastery. I only went there for the views but got more than I bargained for in the form of stunning azulejos (handpainted...
Rua da Conceição 8, 1100-010 Lisboa, Portugal
Whoever doesn't like the smell of cheese should think twice before entering this shop. Not only do they sell a wide variety of Portuguese cheeses, they also dedicate the shop to national traditions from all over the country. Besides cheese, you...
Praça da Figueira 18B, 1100-241 Lisboa, Portugal
You will feast with your eyes as soon you enter here. Founded in 1829, this confectionery store is considered one of the best in Lisbon, having won international prizes and serving, in the old days, as the official confectioner of the royal...
Av. Almirante Reis nº1 - H, 1150-007 Lisboa, 1150-007 Lisboa, Portugal
Simply put, Ramiro is the best seafood restaurant Lisbon. It is a 100% local customer based and long established “Cervejaria” (literally translated to place where beer is dispensed), with an buzzing ambience and above all, very high quality cooked...
R. Tomás da Anunciação 62, 1350-162 Lisboa, Portugal
I love shops where you go back in time, where you can find the hot-water bottle that your grandmother used to warm the bed, or a typewriter that might have typed a novel, or love letters or cooking recipes... This couple decided to open their shop...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna