Collected by Madeleine Roberts
R. do Diário de Notícias 39, 1200-141 Lisboa, Portugal
This place is mandatory, especially if you want to hear some fado. Here you can listen to Fado Vadio (sung by nonprofessionals) on Mondays and Wednesdays, hear consecrated artists and potential stars, or hear a regular who just feels like singing...
1250-096 Lisbon, Portugal
Here is a park built in the style of romantic English gardens, a perfect shady spot to hide from the sun on hot days. Many years ago (around 1870) it even had a lion—offered by Paiva Raposo, an African explorer—that became a main attraction until...
Rua das Olarias, 35 - Santa Maria Maior, 1100-378 Lisboa, Portugal
Tuk tuks are a handy mode of transportation for touring Lisbon, particularly in light of the city's steep hills and staircases. The motorized rickshaws navigate their way through narrow streets and alleys to historic sites, stopping at...
1200-445 Lisbon, Portugal
On August 25, 1988, tragedy fell upon Lisbon: A huge fire turned Chiado to ruins, destroying 18 secular buildings. However, Chiado has come back to become the most elegant and trendy neighborhood in Lisbon. Fortunately, some buildings from the...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico