Collected by Madeleine Roberts
R. do Diário de Notícias 39, 1200-141 Lisboa, Portugal
This place is mandatory, especially if you want to hear some fado. Here you can listen to Fado Vadio (sung by nonprofessionals) on Mondays and Wednesdays, hear consecrated artists and potential stars, or hear a regular who just feels like singing...
1250-096 Lisbon, Portugal
Jardim da Estrela is a perfect spot to take a peek at local life. The park is filled with exotic, jungle-like plants and unusual sculptures, along with locals relaxing beneath the many shady spots. Grab a coffee or cool drink at the pond-side café...
Rua das Olarias, 35 - Santa Maria Maior, 1100-378 Lisboa, Portugal
Tuk tuks are a handy mode of transportation for touring Lisbon, particularly in light of the city's steep hills and staircases. The motorized rickshaws navigate their way through narrow streets and alleys to historic sites, stopping at...
1200-026 Lisbon, Portugal
On August 25, 1988, tragedy fell upon Lisbon: A huge fire turned Chiado to ruins, destroying 18 secular buildings. However, Chiado has come back to become the most elegant and trendy neighborhood in Lisbon. Fortunately, some buildings from the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village