Collected by Dana
R. Duque de Palmela 34, 1250-098 Lisboa, Portugal
It's not top of most people's travel itinerary for Lisbon but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed São Vicente da Fora Monastery. I only went there for the views but got more than I bargained for in the form of stunning azulejos (handpainted...
Largo das Portas do Sol, Beco de Santa Helena, 1100-411 Lisboa, Portugal
Those little tents belong to the terrace of the café / bar Portas do Sol. It's a great place for a drink with a view, especially if you can bag one of the sofas. It's not the cheapest place to eat or drink but you're paying for the location....
R. Augusta, 1100 Lisboa, Portugal
The Rua Augusta is an area in lower Lisbon near the Praca do Comercio. The architecture is old and many of the structures are original. This is a very beautiful street. The area is a wide, mosaic tiled walkway and it is closed to traffic. At the...
Pátio de Dom Fradique 14, 1100-624 Lisboa, Portugal
Palacio Belmonte is a masterpiece—the type of architectural stunner that is said to be ‘mumbling beauty’ in every one of its corners. Every piece of material used to restore it, as well as every piece of furniture inside of it (like these blue...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December