Collected by Katya Mukhina
R. Dr. Silva Teles 18, 1050-080 Lisboa, Portugal
This restaurant worker takes a little break while listening to local singers sing several Fado songs. The entertainment is only part of what makes " A Tasquinha" a lovely respite in a sightseeing trek up an Alfama hill to Sao Jorge Castle. Under...
One cannot go to Portugal without indulging in the national dish... Bacalhau or Codfish. One of my personal favorites is the calorie busting traditional dish, Bacalhau com Natas.. literally codfish and cream. While it is often served at Christmas,...
Praça do Comércio 3, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
Martinho da Arcada is a Lisbon legend. Thanks to a friend's recommendation, I passed through it just to experience the phenomenon and look inside. The cafe was founded in 1778 as Café do Gelo (the Ice Cafe) and mostly sold beverages and ice. After...
R. Me. Deus 4, 1900-312 Lisboa, Portugal
Azulejos (glazed tiles) are a ubiquitous decoration throughout Portugal. They cover the facades and interiors of many houses in Lisbon, and are even used as historical markers. The Museu Nacional do Azulejo, located in a 16th-century convent,...
nº 13, R. Bartolomeu de Gusmão 11, 1100-000 Lisboa, Portugal
Nutty bread layered with olive oil, jam, salt and cured pig's neck were the perfect accompaniment to rich Portuguese wine and 80 year old port. When visiting wine bars let the staff select your wines ask for the stories behind them. You'll feel...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna