Collected by Jayne Klein
R. Bartolomeu Dias 112, 1400-031 Lisboa, Portugal
Forget about Cervejaria Ramiro, its messy crowds and nightmare 2h queues. The new seafood hotspot in Lisbon in Marisqueira Nunes. A place where the tablecloth is not discardable and orders can be made at regular voice decibels. Smack in the middle...
Rua dos Prazeres 52, 1200-355 Lisboa, Portugal
Nested in the maze of hippy chic Principe Real neighbourhood and a stone’s throw away from the Portuguese Parliament, Cantinho Lusitano is Lisbon’s epiphany of the Portuguese Petiscos (small eats) and good wine, hole in the wall restaurant. It is...
R. do Ginjal 72, 2800 Almada, Portugal
The name makes justice to the location of this restaurant, as it is literally at the end of the river walk on the other side of the Tagus. To get to the restaurant you will have to cross the river on the commuter ferry from Cais do Sodre (Lisbon...
R. Rodrigues de Faria 103, 1300-501 Lisboa, Portugal
Cantina LX’s space is charmingly raw—you might witness a crumble or two of the cement walls—but it’s the spot for almofadinhas de bacalhau, a traditional Portuguese dish of fried salted cod. Communal tables filled with Lisbonites mean you won’t...
510 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Employees Only is a gem in New York City. Located in one of New York’s hippest neighborhoods on Hudson Street, it looks unassuming from the outside. You’ll find a forest green awning outside with white block letters that read “EO” and a statue of...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December