Collected by Stefano Negrin
Estrada de Monserrate, 2710-405 Sintra, Portugal
While the tourist hordes in beautiful Sintra, Portugal, are flocking to Pena Palace, head instead to Monserrate. The gardens here are massive and have been recently restored. We wandered here for hours without hardly seeing another person. The...
2710 Sintra, Portugal
Sintra is every storybook fairy tale that you've ever seen or imagined, brought to life. After a 45-minute train ride from Lisbon, you are transported to a land of times past: an entire city in the hills filled with castles, moats, palaces,...
R. 1º de Dezembro, 1249-970 Lisboa, Portugal
The Rossio railway station in the Rossio Square area of Lisbon in another architectural marvel. The Manueline design of the facade looks more like an ornate palace or theatre than a public building. The station was commissioned in 1886-1887 and...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Travel NewsMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania