Collected by Lisa
Av. Sun Set, Ilha Comprida - SP, 11925-000, Brazil
Descended from horses brought over in the 16th century by Spanish conquistadors, hundreds of wild horses rule the little island of Vieques. The horses, an attraction in their own right, dot the landscape wherever you go. With every encounter, I...
Les Jardins de Marqueyssac, 24220 Vezac, France
The Marqueyssac Gardens in the Périgord region of France are not only the most visited in the region but among the most reminiscent of a fairytale landscape. Perched on a hill overlooking the Dordogne valley, Julien de Cerval's topiary masterpiece...
Carrer de la Dagueria, 16, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
This is one of the shops that always make my foodie tours (and where I also go when I need a snack). Katherine, the owner, serves those little cheese tastings that I love. For only three euro you get one goat, one sheep, and one cow cheese (served...
47900 CA-1, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
Described by devotees as the most luxurious, one-of-a-kind lodging experience in all of California, the Post Ranch Inn was purpose-built to blend in with the Santa Lucia Mountains. Opened in 1992, and designed by famed Big Sur architect Mickey...
Località Sbarcatello, 58019 Porto Ercole GR, Italy
You don't hear a lot about Maremma, the western coast of Tuscany. But Il Pellicano has long been a famous retreat outside of the town of Porto Ercole, right by where the Costa Concordia tipped over. Awesome pool high about the calm ocean. 2 star...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local