Collected by Steve Kline
Malecón Cisneros, Miraflores 15074, Peru
This statue can be found at Lovers' park, which is right along the boardwalk of Lima Beach. It is aptly called The Kiss and the park was packed with lovers when I was there on Valentine's Day, which is a national holiday in Peru. Every year on...
Antigua Panamericana Sur 31.5, Lurín LIMA 16, Peru
The hills and coast around Lima can seem almost lunar--the climate is arid, despite the 'garúa,' the low-lying but rain-less clouds that hang around this part of Perú for about half the year. But the desert is archaeologically rich. Lima itself is...
When I decided to go to Peru, I knew there would be plenty of handicrafts to capture my attention. I even packed a collapsible tote bag to lug my purchases back home. In Lima, I stayed at a hotel in Miraflores. On my first venture out into the...
Av. la Paz 463, Miraflores 15074, Peru
When it opened in 1996, the Belmond Miraflores Park was the first hotel in Lima to take advantage of the city’s Pacific Ocean views. Set along the Miraflores malecón, the 82-room property offers some of the most privileged panoramas...
Calle Comandante O Donovan 115 Miraflore, Lima LIMA 18, Peru
We spent a day on the beach in Miraflores, Peru. The tide is aggressive and the beach is composed of smooth, small-to-medium pebbles. So, when the water comes in, it pushes far into the shoreline. And when the water draws out, it makes an...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local