Collected by Jason Money
Jr. Madre de Dios S/N, Cercado de Lima 15046, Peru
We got to play with water on our last day in Peru. This is a public park in Lima that from Wednesdays to Sundays put on a fountain show. There are a total of 13 different water fountains for the people to enjoy and to participate in if desired....
Jr. Batallón, Ayacucho 271, Barranco 15063, Peru
Barranco is the most famously bohemian neighborhood of Lima. In the Colonial and early Republican eras, this district was a beach and pleasure playground for wealthy Limeños. In the early 20th century, Barranco attracted a cadre of prominent...
Lima, Av. Pedro de Osma 301, Barranco 15063, Peru
A few years back, when Lima's Central Restaurante was closed because of zoning issues, Peru's celebrity chef, Gastón Acurio, was one of many who petitioned for it to be reopened. I knew that meant the young chef at Central, Virgilio...
Jirón Ucayali 201, Cercado de Lima 15001, Peru
Pisco, a distilled grape brandy, is the Peruvian national liquor. Arguably the most popular way to drink pisco is mixed into a Pisco Sour, the famous national cocktail. The most classic version of this drink combines pisco with key lime juice,...
Jirón Carabaya 100, Cercado de Lima 15001, Peru
In a rush to make it to the Monastery of San Francisco in historic downtown Lima, I almost missed this place. The bar is located on a corner, behind wood and glass doors. "Hemingway" was my first thought as I passed in a rush—I knew I had to come...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands