Life in Hong Kong
Collected by John Galante, AFAR Staff
Ping Shan Heritage Trail, Ping Shan, Hong Kong
Ping Shan, Hong Kong
Standing on this walking trail among all this greenery it feels like I'm on some remote tropical island. After just coming from Central, it's hard to believe I'm still in Hong Kong. In the end of the trail there is a small place of worship with...
Stanley Market Rd, Stanley, Hong Kong
Stanley Market is the first place local people think of for shopping. For out-of-towners, a Stanley shopping trip kills two birds with one stone—sightseeing and bargain hunting. The 45-minute bus or taxi drive from Central to the little...
88 Stanley Main St, Stanley, Hong Kong
Stanley can get crowded on the weekends, so we opted for a midweek trek to this expat hangout. The vibe was laid back and relaxed and the bay was calm with fishing boats neatly docked. The Boathouse is perfectly situated to take in all the sights...
Hong Kong, Causeway Bay, Hennessy Rd, 500號希慎廣場12F
If there is one thing you must eat while in Hong Kong, make it a bowl of wonton noodles. Causeway Bay’s Ho Hung Kee has earned a Michelin star from mastering these al dente egg noodles paired with shrimp wontons in consommé soup. Wellington Road’s...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos