Life in Hong Kong
Collected by John Galante, AFAR Staff
Ping Shan Heritage Trail, Ping Shan, Hong Kong
Ping Shan, Hong Kong
Standing on this walking trail among all this greenery it feels like I'm on some remote tropical island. After just coming from Central, it's hard to believe I'm still in Hong Kong. In the end of the trail there is a small place of worship with...
Stanley Market Rd, Stanley, Hong Kong
Stanley Market is the first place local people think of for shopping. For out-of-towners, a Stanley shopping trip kills two birds with one stone—sightseeing and bargain hunting. The 45-minute bus or taxi drive from Central to the little...
88 Stanley Main St, Stanley, Hong Kong
Stanley can get crowded on the weekends, so we opted for a midweek trek to this expat hangout. The vibe was laid back and relaxed and the bay was calm with fishing boats neatly docked. The Boathouse is perfectly situated to take in all the sights...
Hong Kong, 銅鑼灣軒尼詩道500號希慎廣場
If there is one thing you must eat while in Hong Kong, make it a bowl of wonton noodles. Causeway Bay’s Ho Hung Kee has earned a Michelin star from mastering these al dente egg noodles paired with shrimp wontons in consommé soup. Wellington Road’s...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles