Collected by Stacy DeVera
Strahovské nádvoří 1/132, 118 00 Praha 1, Czechia
One of the most spectacular libraries in the world is at the Strahov Monastery in Prague. While it is a bit off the beaten path for most tourists, it really is a must-see. Over 125,000 classic and rare books fill floor-to-ceiling bookshelves at...
Josefsplatz 1, 1015 Wien, Austria
Entering the Austrian National Library is a momentous moment in one’s life. This place looks like something out of Harry Potter. I wasn’t allowed to use my tripod inside for this triple exposure four-shot panorama but it obviously...
3004-531 Coimbra, Portugal
This might be one of the best sacred places in the University of Coimbra; This library, built in the early 18th century by King John the 5th, is known for its rich real gold baroque decor, and the plaster ceilings are decorated with allegorical...
Admont 1, 8911 Admont, Austria
Stift Admont is so much more than a Benedictine monastery. Often called the eighth wonder of the world, Admont has a history of great artistic productivity, serves as an impressive exhibition space, and houses the largest monastery library in the...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now