Let's Get Cooking
Collected by Brianna Simmons , AFAR Local Expert
Calle Lás Ánimas s/n, Ánimas Bajas, Animas Bajas, 23407 San José del Cabo, B.C.S., Mexico
This organic restaurant offers the chance to eat a healthy meal with bright, fresh, local flavors while looking out upon the farm from which the vegetables were harvested. The 17-acre farm also provides fresh herbs for local restaurants and...
Av. Francisco Medina Ascencio, Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
There's no better way to preserve the flavors of vacation than by learning how to cook the regional specialties yourself. A cooking class in Puerto Vallarta offers the opportunity to do exactly that, all while taking in the local scenery and...
2 Place des Alpilles, 83140 Six-Fours-les-Plages, France
A Trek Travel culinary journey biking through Provence begins with a Provençal cooking experience with Michelin-starred Chef Xavier Mathieu at the prestigious Le Phébus hotel. Nestled in the heart of the Luberon, chef Mathieu reinterprets...
Ocotlán, Tlax., Mexico
Chef Estela Salas Silva’s maternal great-great-grandmother came from France to Mexico in the 1860s to cook for wealthy families in the city of Puebla. Today, in the nearby town of Tlaxcala, Silva passes on her ancestors’ recipes, which mix...
Samoeng Tai, Samoeng District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Sweet, salty, buttery, bland, astringent, bitter, spicy, cool-refreshing, and sour—these nine flavors are key to the medicinal values of Thai foods, according to chef Su-Mei Yu, the founder of the Prem Cooking Academy in Chiang Mai. During the...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019