Let's Get Cooking
Collected by Brianna Simmons, AFAR Local Expert
Calle Lás Ánimas s/n, Ánimas Bajas, Animas Bajas, 23407 San José del Cabo, B.C.S., Mexico
Los Cabos has more than offer than sand and sea. This tip of the Baja Peninsula has deep farming roots. Huerta los Tamarindos organic farm offers farm tours and cooking classes. Harvest ingredients from the fields and prepare a four-course meal...
Av. Francisco Medina Ascencio, Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
There's no better way to preserve the flavors of vacation than by learning how to cook the regional specialties yourself. A cooking class in Puerto Vallarta offers the opportunity to do exactly that, all while taking in the local scenery and...
LUBERON LOISIRS E 14 DOMAINE DE LA COUDOULIERE, 83140 Six-Fours-les-Plages, France
A Trek Travel culinary journey biking through Provence begins with a Provençal cooking experience with Michelin-starred Chef Xavier Mathieu at the prestigious Le Phébus hotel. Nestled in the heart of the Luberon, chef Mathieu reinterprets...
Ocotlán, Tlax., Mexico
Chef Estela Salas Silva’s maternal great-great-grandmother came from France to Mexico in the 1860s to cook for wealthy families in the city of Puebla. Today, in the nearby town of Tlaxcala, Silva passes on her ancestors’ recipes, which mix...
Samoeng Tai, Samoeng District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Sweet, salty, buttery, bland, astringent, bitter, spicy, cool-refreshing, and sour—these nine flavors are key to the medicinal values of Thai foods, according to chef Su-Mei Yu, the founder of the Prem Cooking Academy in Chiang Mai. During the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Restaurants + Cafés Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free