Collected by Lebawit Lily Girma, AFAR Local Expert
Lebawit Lily Girma′s Wishlist
8-14 Madden St, Auckland, Wynyard Quarter 1010, New Zealand
First developed when the city hosted the Rugby World Cup in 2011, the harborside Wynyard Quarter has quickly become a favorite destination for Aucklanders. Restaurants, cafés, and bars are especially popular on weekends—standouts...
Hopetoun St, Auckland, New Zealand
If you’re staying in one of the hotels or apartments in Auckland’s CBD and want to make your way to the eating and drinking establishments in the suburb of Ponsonby, don’t take a taxi. Instead, leave a little earlier and walk up Vincent St (off...
Britomart Place, 22 Customs St E, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles