Collected by Anne-Marie
Souk el Tayeb has a backstory that would warm the coldest of hearts. Lebanese food justice hero, Kamal Mouzawek, was instrumental in creating the souk, which has become the premiere farmer's market in Lebanon. Producers from all over the country...
12 Rue Naher, Armenia Street, بيروت، Lebanon
"Tawlét is my life: a cooperative-style kitchen where producers from the market cook home-style lunches. Lebanese people may not share religion or politics, we may come from the city or country, we may have money or not, but we can all sharekebbeh...
Beirut Souks، Bayrut, Lebanon
Name: Kamal Mouzawak
Where he lives:Beirut, Lebanon
Occupation: Creator of Souk el Tayeb, the first farmers’ market in downtown Beirut. Kamal is also the founder of Tawlét (the name comes from the Arabic word for table), a cooperative...
56 Madrid street، Mar Mikhayel، Lebanon
"A boutique that sells Mideast-chic clothing and home décor. The shop has a modern design sensibility, pure and simple, but it’s inspired by the traditional shapes, techniques, and fabrics of the region.” 56 Madrid St., 961/1-444-141." —Kamal...
Monot St، Bayrut, Lebanon
For me, there is little better than a perfect Lachmacun. I found a beautiful streetside oven in downtown Beirut. The oven man was cranking out at least a dozen lachmacun every 3 minutes. For just a dollar, you can be quite well fed. In Beirut with...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet