Leah Madsen's recent Highlights
Collected by Leah Madsen
1009 E Pike St, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Bar hopping around Capital Hill one afternoon, my friend and I stopped by Big Mario's Pizza for a slice and a beer. The New York style pizza is cheap and delicious; the beer selection is diverse, and if you're lucky, you'll meet this pup who's one...
Žižkov, 130 00 Prague 3, Czechia
In Boston we mark our parking spaces with trash cans or chairs after shoveling out the mountains of snow in the winter, but on this street in Prague there was ample space and it was a perfectly sunny spring day. I passed these space-saving chairs...
Strada Comunale del Borghetto, 53026 Pienza SI, Italy
For two weeks, I volunteered as a WWOOFer at Podere Il Casale where after a day in the gardens, milking goats, or serving cheese tastings to tourists, we all gathered for a staff meal. We ate simple, delicious food like chestnut linguini with...
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, USA
This highlight is a bit different than the usual. It's not a travel experience at all; it's a "home" experience, because I love my neighborhood and want visitors to get off the beaten path in Boston! "Wake up the Earth!" is an annual Spring...
113 Goodnow Rd, Princeton, MA 01541, USA
It was a brisk December day, and I was on my way back to Boston. I couldn't kill the whole day driving, so I decided to get some fresh air at the Wachusett Meadow nature sanctuary. It was chilly, but the sun was shining. I hiked up to a hillside...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is