Lazio in October
Collected by Evan
Via del Duomo, 05018 Orvieto TR, Italy
Orvieto, a gorgeous medieval town, was a treat to visit on the tail end of the tourist season. This, the Cathedral or "Duomo" is the city's star attraction. Intricately, ornately, devotedly decorated, this building sparkled in the crisp autumn...
Not as famous as Tuscany or Umbria, the Lazio region (which includes Rome) is nevertheless gorgeous with scenic rolling hills. I took the above picture while biking between Grotte S. Stefano and Sippicciano. It was mid-October, with highs right at...
01030 Vitorchiano, VT, Italy
I wanted a week away from technology, and so I rented a farm house in Lazio, Italy. The nearest town, pictured above, was Vitorchiano. It's a cliffside medieval village with a long-standing identity as an affiliate to room. The two restaurants in...
Via dei Pellegrini, 2, 01100 Viterbo VT, Italy
Make sure to bring your phrasebook! My Italian host recommended I try this place, and was I glad she did! This is a one-room sandwich shop with a great selection of wine. However, there is NO MENU. You tell the counter lady the type of sandwich...
Piazza di Pasquino, 73, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
After about two weeks of pasta and pizza (and pizza and pasta) I found myself crazing something different. Just then, I found Cul de Sac in Rome. They have a great wine list and really delicious lentil soup! Not bad, considering it's right off of...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico