Collected by Lauren Windle
Lauren Windle′s Wishlist
Gageum-ri, Haseong-myeon, Gimpo-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
There are no boats here, where the Han River flows into the Yellow Sea--this is the watery mine-laden western limit of the DMZ. On a trip to Korea in the mid-1990's, one of my uncles took us to visit Aegibong, a 500-ft.-high hill that presides...
Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Something about visiting a temple that evokes feeling of serenity and inner peace. Perhaps, it's because I was introduced to Buddhism as a child, or because the soothing rhythm of the repeated chants is like beautiful music to my ears. During my...
Quartier des Tanneurs, Fès 30000, Morocco
The dyeing vats at Chouara—as well as at the city’s other tanneries—are among the Fes medina’s most iconic sights. The ancient craft of tanning and dyeing, in all its visceral authenticity (cow urine and pigeon poop are...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna