Collected by Laura G. Fallon
Laura G. Fallon′s Wishlist
Liuhekou Rd, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200085
Row after row of booths are sprawled across this small part of Shanghai, just south of People's Square. Here, you can find pretty much anything you want, from tiny Mao statues, to old leather suitcases stacked 10 feet tall. Each vendor will be on...
169 ش محمد فريد، وسط البلد، Abdeen, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
I saw an awful lot of Niqabs (full body coverings with just slits for the eyes) on the street, but I also saw a whole lotta NAUGHTY! Every other shop seemed to be a garishly lit lingerie emporium run by stern looking religious men in gallebeyas...
Al Motaz Ldin Allah, El-Darb El-Ahmar, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Cairo is known as the “City of a Thousand Minarets” but there are indeed many more than that these days and they rise up out of the hazy, crowded streets like fingers on a giant hand pointing strait to heaven. “This way up”, they seem to say, as...
Simonkatu 7, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Feeling overwhelmed? Kampin Kappeli (Chapel of Silence) is the perfect place to relax and reflect. If you visit Helsinki when the temperatures are still chilly like I did, it's also the perfect place to warm up before venturing back out into the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands