Lara's recent Highlights
Collected by Lara Dalinsky, AFAR Local Expert
8th St NW & F St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
An undulating steel and glass canopy wows visitors who enter the Kogod Courtyard. Inside you'll find diners from the museum's café, tourists soaking their weary feet in the shallow fountain running across the space, and students taking advantage...
Outside the village of La Flotte, off the eastern shore of Ile de Ré, lies the ruins of an old Cistercian abbey. Once revered as a place of pilgrimage, the Hundred Year War and Wars of Religions lead to its abandonment in the 17th century. Many of...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now