Laos for the Adventuresome
Collected by esme travels
Huangphrabang Village 93, Louangphrabang (Luang Prabang) 0600, Laos
A hint of daylight. I grab my windbreaker (mornings are chilly in Luang Prabang) and walk the uneven streets to Sisavangvong Road, the main street running the length of the city. I claim a perch atop a wall respectfully recessed from the street...
Luang Prabang, Laos
I cross Settathirath Road, cross it again, and Mount Phousi towers above me. The steps lead to infinity. Or feel like it, anyway. Actually, the climb to the office is 190 steps and another 138 separate me from the top from there. Buddhas of all...
cnr Th Sisavangvong & Th Kitsarat, Luang Prabang, Laos
Aimed primarily at tourists, the Night Market sets up each evening along a few blocks of Thanon Sisavangvong. Lining both sides of the street, with a section down the middle, stalls offer a plethora of souvenirs, from cotton shopping bags and...
The trail to Kuang Si Falls passes by the Tat Kuang Si, a zoo-like rescue center that is home to Asiatic Black Bears that have been freed from poachers. The animals are hamming it up for us, as if they appreciate having an audience: they roll on...
Kingkitsarath Rd, Luang Prabang, Laos
The Apsara Hotel is a small boutique property situated along the Nam Khan. I’m staying my final two nights in Luang Prabang here because when I travel solo, being surrounded by the same four walls for greater than three nights incites a touch of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna