Collected by Miri Rivas
P.D.R, ວຽງຈັນ, Laos
A plaque at the base of the Patuxay in Vientiane seems to disparage the monument, calling it an unimpressive 'monster of concrete'. Built with American funds intended for a new airport, it is dedicated to the Lao who fought for independence from...
183 SOUPHANOUVONG RD, HOM 1 BAN NONGPANAY, SIKOTTABONG DISTRICT, Vientiane, Laos
After a long, wonderfully tiring New Years Day of cycling around quiet capital Vientiane, we were in desperate need of a BeerLao and a place to watch the sunset. A short tuk tuk ride west along the river brought us to the perfect place - Kong View...
Xieng Nyeun, Vientiane, Laos
The name “Nampou Coffee” is a relic of the previous shop and belies the deliciousness inside just as much as the overly typical entrance does. Nothing that you can see from the outside does justice for the restaurant in a way that I would like to...
Nam Song River, Vang Vieng, Laos
After a long drive of sharp turns and near misses -- going south from Luang Prabang or north from Vientiane along Route 13 in Laos -- Vang Vieng is the perfect reward for the journey with its calming yet stunning views. Take an early morning walk...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter