Laos, Burma, Thailand, and Hong Kong
Collected by Ann Stolper
Sisavangvong Road, Luang Prabang, Laos
I wanted to get as far away from "civilization" as possible. I thought riding an elephant in the jungle of Laos might appease that sentiment. Our safety briefing: "You ride with her, jump on back, ride in river. Water is wet." Uh...OK. They...
4-5 ban Phonepheng, ຫຼວງພະບາງ, Laos
This cheerful flower seller in Phosy Market was preparing beautiful marigold tower temple offerings for sale. The market, south west of central Luang Prabang, is where locals go for fresh produce, meat, spices, baguettes, rice and sundries. Some...
Jubilee St, Central, Hong Kong
Traveling up and down the Central-Mid Levels Escalator is a quick, efficient way to get around while at the same time immersing yourself in the urban jungle of Hong Kong. Stretching for over 800m and rising about 135m, the world's longest outdoor...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Natural Wonders California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know