Collected by Chloe Kawa
Xieng Nyeun, Vientiane, Laos
The name “Nampou Coffee” is a relic of the previous shop and belies the deliciousness inside just as much as the overly typical entrance does. Nothing that you can see from the outside does justice for the restaurant in a way that I would like to...
133/04 Samsenthai Rd, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR, ວຽງຈັນ, Laos
This temple was a place of prayer for victory in battle for the Vientiane kings. The last one, Chao Anouvong, probably prayed here before leading his ill-fated rebellion against the Siamese. The Siamese subsequently leveled the city, destroyed all...
Ave Lane Xang, Vientiane, Laos
Most of SE Asia’s popular Wats (temples) are covered in lavish gold and extravagant art. But, one of my favorite Wats in Laos had hardly any gold at all. In fact, most of the buddhas were crumbling or missing pieces. Wat Si Saket, built in 1818 is...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter