Collected by Chloe Kawa
Xieng Nyeun, Vientiane, Laos
The name “Nampou Coffee” is a relic of the previous shop and belies the deliciousness inside just as much as the overly typical entrance does. Nothing that you can see from the outside does justice for the restaurant in a way that I would like to...
133/04 Samsenthai Rd, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR, Vientiane, Laos
This temple was a place of prayer for victory in battle for the Vientiane kings. The last one, Chao Anouvong, probably prayed here before leading his ill-fated rebellion against the Siamese. The Siamese subsequently leveled the city, destroyed all...
Ave Lane Xang, Vientiane, Laos
Most of SE Asia’s popular Wats (temples) are covered in lavish gold and extravagant art. But, one of my favorite Wats in Laos had hardly any gold at all. In fact, most of the buddhas were crumbling or missing pieces. Wat Si Saket, built in 1818 is...
- 1Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3Travel NewsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 4Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes