Collected by Chloe Kawa
Xieng Nyeun, Vientiane, Laos
The name “Nampou Coffee” is a relic of the previous shop and belies the deliciousness inside just as much as the overly typical entrance does. Nothing that you can see from the outside does justice for the restaurant in a way that I would like to...
133/04 Samsenthai Rd, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR, Vientiane, Laos
This temple was a place of prayer for victory in battle for the Vientiane kings. The last one, Chao Anouvong, probably prayed here before leading his ill-fated rebellion against the Siamese. The Siamese subsequently leveled the city, destroyed all...
Ave Lane Xang, Vientiane, Laos
Most of SE Asia’s popular Wats (temples) are covered in lavish gold and extravagant art. But, one of my favorite Wats in Laos had hardly any gold at all. In fact, most of the buddhas were crumbling or missing pieces. Wat Si Saket, built in 1818 is...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now