Collected by SMJ Lee
Ka Lanakila O Ka Malamalama Church is located in Keomoku on the remote “backside” of Lana’i. The road to the church is unpaved and dusty, and on blustery days the tradewinds can cause the sand dunes to merge with the road. There was once a time in...
HI-440, Lanai City, HI 96763, USA
The island of Lana'i is one of the last places in Hawaii where you can still have a beach to yourself. In fact, on the northern and eastern coastlines, you have a better chance of finding deer tracks in the sand than a trace of human footprints....
1 Keomoku Highway, Lanai City, HI 96763, USA
Find your inner Hawaiian with Auntie Irene and Sandra who present the Hookipa cultural program at the Ko'ele resort on the island of Lana'i keeping the history and culture of Hawaii alive. Ho`okipa, meaning hospitality in Hawaiian, is an on-going...
Lanai City, HI 96763, USA
There was once was a time when the Palawai Basin teemed with acres of pineapple. In 1992, however, when the last commercial pineapple was plucked from the island of Lana'i, these dusty plains on the outskirts of Lana'i City reverted to an empty...
Hulopoe Beach, Hawaii 96763, USA
From the surface, the reef surrounding First Cathedrals looks like every other reef on Lana'i. Turquoise parrotfish flit above the coral, schools of convict tang sway with the current, and the visibility is often in the vicinity of 100 ft. 55 feet...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Expat Life These Countries Just Made It Easier for Americans to Move and Work Abroad
- 3 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Exceptional Travel Experiences 11 Charming Houseboat Rentals for a Social-Distance Summer Trip
- 5 Travel News This New Program Lets You Live and Work Remotely in Bermuda—For Up to a Year