Lake Tahoe - tips from a Tahoe City resident
Collected by Lis Korb
Freel Peak, California 96150, USA
I took this panoramic photo atop Freel Peak, Tahoe's highest at 10,881. You can truly see it all from this summit: the expansive Lake Tahoe sprawling north, the ridge leading to the dramatic landscape change east to Carson City, the moonscape-like...
Hurricane Bay, California, USA
The best way to see Lake Tahoe to get out on it, or in it. The crystal-clear waters make for beautiful float-seeing. Look for big boulders below you and scan the shoreline for hidden cabins and mansions you can't see from the road. Kayaking and...
631 Coyote St, Nevada City, CA 95959, USA
Located in the Olympic House at Squaw Valley ski resort, Wildflour is a magical grab-and-go snack spot that is home to the world's best cookies. About 2 inches in diameter and an inch or so high, they're baked to perfection. Crispy, golden...
Hidden Beach, Nevada 89451, USA
Tahoe's East Shore is famed for a reason: white sand, clear water, and great afternoon sun. I took this shot at the easily accessible Hidden Beach, just east of Incline Village on Highway 28. Park wherever you can on the main road, then walk along...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands