Collected by Becca Feeney-Kurtz
9881 CA-89, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
This state park offers all the ingredients for a great family trip to the mountains. For starters, there’s the beach at Calawee Cove, with its gently sloped sand, crystal-clear water, and rounded granite boulders that make for sublime...
4105 Lakeshore Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
Lake Tahoe offers it all for any weather. During the summer, you can golf, bike, hike, kayak, swim and fish in or around the lake. During the winter, you can ski, snowboard, snowshoe, ride a snowmobile or drink Tahoe Brew! Year round you can smell...
138 Emerald Bay Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
Leave behind the powerboats roaring around Lake Tahoe and find your bliss by kayaking the sparkling waters of Tahoe’s biggest bay. The water is typically calm here, especially in the morning, so even beginners can have fun. Pick up a rental...
4080 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
This engineering marvel whisks sightseers up Heavenly Mountain Resort in a mere 12 minutes, offering cheap thrills and panoramic lake views. On the uphill ride, be sure to disembark at the overlook and check out the view from 9,123 feet, which...
3940 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
A meal at Vinny's is not only delicious, it is also friendly, local, and fun. The owners are the ones to greet customers and cook up signature pizza specials. We loved to pesto pizza, local talk, and trivia cards accompanying us at our table. The...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village