Collected by Chris Mulcahey
San Diego, CA, USA
Just a short drive north from downtown San Diego, the 2,000-acre Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve offers an idea of what Southern California looked like before its coastlines were developed. Experience the area by taking a short walk from the...
10010 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
The Salk Institute is worth a visit for anyone intrigued by architecture–just not on the weekend! Which is of course, when I went. Which is also why you wont see any INSIDE pictures (from me, at least) in this post. No pleading, begging, or...
8610 Kennel Way, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
I love dining al fresco and I love a beach view, so you can imagine how excited I was when Caroline's Seaside Cafe opened about a mile from our house. There's just nothing quite as beautiful as sitting on the deck of this chic little bistro and...
South Casa Beach, San Diego, CA 92037, USA
On our 2 week trip across California, we stopped off at "The Casa Beach" to check out the renowned La Jolla seal colony. It's very interesting to encounter a wild seal colony after having just driven through one of La Jolla's high end shopping...
La Jolla, San Diego, CA, USA
Many people don't realize this, but although La Jolla, California, is portrayed as a separate city, it is actually a community within the city of San Diego. A short 15-20 minute drive from downtown San Diego takes you to the dramatic coastline....
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles