Collected by AFAR Explorer
6333 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA
The Farmers Market, next to the Grove shopping center, is a historic L.A. landmark dating to 1934. What was once 12 farmers' fresh produce trucks is now a maze of specialty shops, fruit stands, bakeries, butcheries, permanent eateries, and...
5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA
The largest art museum in the western United States, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) offers permanent and rotating collections that span from ancient Egyptian objects to modern art like Claes Oldenburg's giant pool balls. It's...
1200 Getty Center Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA
Perched atop a stunning hill in the Santa Monica Mountains, this outpost of the J. Paul Getty Museum overlooks the vast cityscape of the greater Los Angeles area. Its exceptional contemporary architecture, wide array of pre-20th-century art,...
Venice Fishing Pier, Los Angeles, CA 90292, USA
We wandered up Washington, past all the cafes and restaurants, until we hit the beach. And then, the pier. The Venice Fishing Pier dashes straight out into the ocean, cutting its way between brilliant blue waves—surfers on one side, the...
Venice Canals, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Before L.A. became a concrete network of high-speed freeways, gondoliers used to glide through a series of manmade canals that were built in 1905 to recreate Venice, Italy in Southern California. The remaining two miles of waterways are a peaceful...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet