Kyoto in a weekend
Collected by Meghan Gordon
Maruyamacho, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 605-0071, Japan
Nature is embedded in every aspect of Japanese culture, and holidays often have flower or plant symbols. Children's Day (Kodomo no Hi) on May 5 has many symbols, the most obvious being the koinobori carp flags that families fly outside their...
32-1 Tanaka Kamiyanagicho, Sakyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 606-8205, Japan
Kyoto's Kamo River and its banks are alive with activity when the weather is nice. Even though there are plenty of bridges with pedestrian access to get from one side to the other, take a more exciting route by hopping across river stones shaped...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles