Kyoto in a weekend
Collected by Meghan Gordon
Maruyamacho, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 605-0071, Japan
Nature is embedded in every aspect of Japanese culture, and holidays often have flower or plant symbols. Children's Day (Kodomo no Hi) on May 5 has many symbols, the most obvious being the koinobori carp flags that families fly outside their...
32-1 Tanaka Kamiyanagicho, Sakyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 606-8205, Japan
Kyoto's Kamo River and its banks are alive with activity when the weather is nice. Even though there are plenty of bridges with pedestrian access to get from one side to the other, take a more exciting route by hopping across river stones shaped...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun